Palliative Care Training and Education Program, New York, NY
- New York State Licensed Funeral Director
- Certified Funeral Service Practitioner with the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice
- Certified in thanatology as a fellow (FT): Death, Dying and Bereavement, by the Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
- Board Certified Expert with the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- Certification in Family Therapy from Fordham’s School of Social Services
Ms. Hazell was the designer and Project Director of The Palliative Care Training and Education Program for Caregivers in Minority Communities (PTEP), sponsored by North General and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospitals. With more than twenty-five years of training experience, she has developed curricula for mental health, religious, educational and legal institutions. She has also published numerous academic articles and book chapters in the field of thanatology. Her major interest is the influence of culture and diversity concerning death rituals and the comparison of various minority groups’ practices relating to end-of-life events.
Ms. Hazell was an elected member of the Board of Directors for ADEC for two consecutive three-year terms, is Mortuary Officer for the United States Federal DMORT Region 2 Disaster Team, a Faculty Council Member and an on campus and an on line faculty instructor for the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral service, Inc.
She is also a graduate of Howard University, with a B.S. in Psychology and Fordham University, with an M.S. in Adult Education and Human Resources.
Contact by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org