Funeral Arrangements Involve Various Providers
Various products and services are typically provided by parties other than your primary funeral service provider.
For your convenience, most Funeral Directors will arrange these items for you and include the total cost in their billing statement, usually found on the statement in the section labeled “Cash Advances”.
Examples of third party services and products are:
- Honorariums/fees for the services of clergy.
- Honorariums/fees to religous organizations for use of their sanctuaries for funeral services.
- Fees for the services of musicians and vocalists.
- Floral arrangements. For more, see Etiquette — Flowers
- Clothing for the deceased.
- Food and beverages for luncheons and other receptions.
- Newspaper obituaries. See Writing Obituaries
- Internet memorials.
- Certified copies of death certificates. For information on obtaining copies, see Death Certificates.
See related topics: