Cancel cremation

inneedofhelp1
5 years, 1 month ago

In 2017, I went with my mom, trying to be proactive, to a cremation center. They asked for my mom’s insurance policy & they used/spent every penny of the policy. We had never been to one. Didn’t shop around. I just found out that a cremation costs about $2000+/-. We could’ve paid that out of pocket then & now. My mom wants to cancel it & pay it in full instead, but the paperwork states that it’s irrevocable & I would need to go to court to get it cancelled. What are the chances that I can do so? Why did they spend every penny & upsell everything when it could’ve just been what she asked for & not what they talked her/us into?

Jennifer Lane
5 years, 1 month ago

I’m not sure what state this cremation center is in, but from what you wrote it does not sounds like you had the proper experience of prepaying for a cremation. I have no idea why they would have asked for an insurance policy that your mother already had to use for this cremation contract. It also sounds like they did not sell you what you wanted.

We always caution people before signing prepaid funeral contracts to be sure of what the terms of the contract are and that you are buying what you requested.

I am sorry you are in this situation, and if the cremation center is not being helpful, then I would consult an attorney on this matter to see if there is anything you can do to undo it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
View More Cremation Questions Questions Prepaid Cremation Issues

How Much Will Your Funeral Cost? Try Our QuickPlan to Find Out.