Is there a demand for classical and/or jazz arrangements of popular music at funerals?

funeralarrangements
7 years, 5 months ago

Is there a demand for classical and/or jazz arrangements of popular music at funerals that would be dedicated to the deceased? If so, what would be a reasonable price for this service?

I am part of a research group at a college that is looking to find a gap in the market for musical services at funerals. I was wondering if you could help me find out more about this.

Jennifer Lane
7 years, 5 months ago

You ask a great question because it is so important for people to really consider how a life should be celebrated.  The challenge usually, is lack of time to plan and present a truly personal celebration if preparations are not made well in advance.

Since a funeral typically occurs within an average of 3-4 days of death, families largely choose from services immediately available to them by the funeral home.  I am guessing most do not offer any special arrangement of popular music other than what they have available in their musical selections or what the family will bring in for them to play.

However, I like the idea of classical and/or jazz arrangements for funeral music and I think that, if available, families would welcome this.  I would point you to researching this through funeral celebrants and you can contact the Celebrant Institute to see about speaking with one and get their thoughts on pricing.  Funeral celebrants are highly personalized ceremony professionals and you may even be able to offer this music through them.

funeralarrangements
7 years, 5 months ago

Hi Jennifer. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, it is a great help. I will use your advice to contact the Celebrant Institute.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
View More Funeral Ceremonies Questions Custom arrangements of music at funeral

How Much Will Your Funeral Cost? Try Our QuickPlan to Find Out.