Multiple parents in Eulogy

tckp
5 years, 7 months ago

How do you include multiple parents in a eulogy that shows respect and endearment? I have a loving and close relationship with my biological father, step father who helped to raise me and I refer to as my dad and a stepfather who has been married to my mom for over 30 years and has been there for me. I’m mostly concerned about my stepfather who calls me his daughter and who I call dad.

Molly Gorny
5 years, 7 months ago

It sounds from your question that you are preparing your own eulogy and want to make sure that both your biological father and your stepfather are properly recognized. We suggest framing things in terms of how lucky you have been to have two supportive fathers. In today’s world of blended families, this is not always the case. You might start with your step-father. Talk about the substantial impact he has had on your life and acknowledge how supportive he has been of your relationship with your biological father. You can then move on to talking about the relationship you have with your biological father.

We are sure that both of your dads know how much you care about them and this will certainly shine through in your words. If you speak from the heart, they will both be able to find comfort and acknowledgment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
View More Funeral Planning Issues Questions How to Address multiple parents in a eulogy

How Much Will Your Funeral Cost? Try Our QuickPlan to Find Out.