How do I reach out to funeral providers to offer a service?

palliser
7 years, 3 months ago

I run a community foundation and would like to talk to funeral directors about using the flexibility community foundations offer as a tool for directors to include in their preplanning packages. Do you think this is a worthy idea? Any thoughts on how to reach out to directors about this and what tools they might like to be provided with? Thanks in advance.

Charitable considerations in preplanning

Jennifer Lane
7 years, 3 months ago

Funeral homes and funeral directors get approached all the time from vendors, suppliers, and organizations looking to provide services or merchandise to the the families they serve in their community. I am not exactly sure of the nature of this tool you are looking to approach them with, so I can’t comment on whether it is something they would be interested in. I would, however, first recommend that you have a clear and concise presentation that you can leave behind or send via email.

There are several ways you can reach out them. You can start with where you live and walk in to the funeral homes in your community and ask to speak with the funeral director in charge or the general manager. Chances are, you won’t talk that person right then, but you could leave your materials and then follow up in a few days. Another way is to attend the state or national funeral conventions that take place every year and have a booth in the exhibit hall. I would start with the state funeral convention where you live and see what type of response you get from the attendees.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
View More funeral industry Questions Contact Funeral providers to offer service

How Much Will Your Funeral Cost? Try Our QuickPlan to Find Out.